- Duration: 2 hours
Synopsis of Mental Health Awareness
The Mental Health Awareness course will give you a greater understanding of what people suffering from mental health problems go through. This includes different types of mental health condition.
You will have an understanding of the legal responsibilities needed to be undertaken by the employer.
You will be aware of how to support a colleague suffering from mental health problems, promote a healthy, non-discriminatory working environment and what may be needed in the way of workplace adjustments to aid an employee with mental health problems returning to work.
The course consists of 4 modules with an evaluation at the end of each completed module.
Module 1: Introduction
- What is mental health?
- Mental health statistics, stigma & discrimination
- The Equality Act 2010 and why it is important
- Causes of mental health problems
Module 2: Types of Mental Health Problems
- What types of mental health problems are there?
- Self-management of mental health conditions
- Spotting early warning signs
Module 3: Supporting Mental Health in the Workplace
- The cost of mental ill-health at work – Key facts
- Why is mental health not discussed at work?
- Recognizing a problem
- Talking about mental health
- Supporting a colleague as a manager
- Case Study
- Promoting a healthy workplace
Module 4: Return to Work & Workplace Adjustments
- ‘Fit Notes’ & proof of sickness
- Return to work plan
- What is a ‘workplace adjustment’?
- Possible types of workplace adjustments
- Supporting an employee to return to work
- Tips for managers when people return to work
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Types of mental health problems
Module 3: Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Lecture 4.1The cost of mental ill health at work – Key Facts20m
- Lecture 4.2Why is mental health not discussed at work?10m
- Lecture 4.3Recognising a problem10m
- Lecture 4.4Talking about mental health10m
- Lecture 4.5Supporting a colleague as a manager20m
- Lecture 4.6Case Study10m
- Lecture 4.7Promoting a healthy workplace20m
- Quiz 4.1End of module assessment15m
Module 4: Return to work and workplace adjustments
- Lecture 5.1‘Fit Notes’ & proof of sickness10m
- Lecture 5.2Return to work plan5m
- Lecture 5.3What is a ‘workplace adjustment’?15m
- Lecture 5.4Possible types of workplace adjustments15m
- Lecture 5.5Supporting an employee to return to work10m
- Lecture 5.6Tips for managers when people return to work15m
- Quiz 5.1End of module assessment10m