- Duration: 1 hour
Synopsis of Legionella Awareness
In this course, you will gain a basic understanding of Legionella and Legionella Awareness. Legionella refers to bacteria naturally found in the environment, and any purpose-built water system with the right conditions can become a breeding ground for this bacteria. The Legionella bacteria is not airborne or contagious. It is contracted through the inhalation of aerosolized water droplets contaminated with the Legionella bacteria.
Although Legionnaire’s disease is usually simply treated with antibiotics, it can lead to long term health problems and even death. Between 2011 and 2013, approximately 84 people in the UK died from harmful Legionella bacteria. Make sure you and your staff know what to look out for and learn how to protect your organization from Legionella bacteria with our online Legionella Awareness & Prevention course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what Legionella is
- Identify the main areas of risk
- Identify who is at risk
- Understand the purpose and content of risk assessments
- Respond appropriately to prevent and control legionella
Contents of this course
- What is Legionella?
- Who is at Risk?
- Introducing Legionnaires Disease
- What you should do if you develop symptoms
- Conditions for the control and spread of bacteria
- Common sources of bacteria
- Assessing the Risk
- Prevention and Control
- Testing your knowledge.
What is Legionella?
- Lecture 2.1Legionella?2m
- Lecture 2.2Who is at Risk?1m
- Lecture 2.3Legionnaire’s disease2m
- Lecture 2.4What should you do if you develop symptoms?1m
- Lecture 2.5Conditions for the multiplication and spread of legionella bacteria2m
- Lecture 2.6Common sources of Legionella2m
- Lecture 2.7Assessing the risk2m
- Lecture 2.8What are your Duties?2m
- Lecture 2.9Understanding your water systems2m
- Lecture 2.10Risk Assessments2m
- Lecture 2.11Recording information2m
- Lecture 2.12Prevention and Control3m
- Lecture 2.13Trivia2m
- Quiz 2.1Legionella Awareness – Level 1 – End Quiz20m