- Duration: 1 hour
Synopsis of Introduction to Asbestos Awareness
Asbestos, although not used anymore, is all around us. Introduction of Asbestos Awareness is extremely important that anyone that works around asbestos has a basic understanding to protect themselves. It’s all so extremely important that employees are put through compliance training, and employers provide an awareness.
While asbestos can be dangerous, it doesn’t present a health risk if left undisturbed. But if the material containing asbestos is damaged, it can release fine dust that contains asbestos fibres.
When the dust is breathed in, the asbestos fibers enter the lungs and can gradually damage them over time.
In this course, we will cover the following understanding of:
- What is asbestos?
- What are the harmful effects of Asbestos?
- Where can asbestos be found?
- How to avoid exposure to asbestos
- How asbestos can be managed
- Asbestos Regulations
By the end of this Course you will be able to:
- Recognize the properties of asbestos
- Understand the various health hazards of asbestos
- Identify types and likely locations of asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) in buildings
- Understand the controls when working with asbestos
- Understand emergency procedures
- Avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos-containing materials.
Structure of this Course
- An introduction to Asbestos
- Types of Asbestos
- A history of the use of Asbestos in the UK
- Risks associated with Asbestos
- Asbestos Regulations
- Control Measures
- Working with Asbestos
- Test your knowledge
- Lecture 2.1An Introduction to Asbestos2m
- Lecture 2.2Types of Asbestos2m
- Lecture 2.3A history of asbestos prohibition in the UK2m
- Lecture 2.4Risks associated with Asbestos2m
- Lecture 2.5The Control of Asbestos Regulations 20122m
- Lecture 2.6Control Measures3m
- Lecture 2.7Where can asbestos typically be found in the home?5m
- Lecture 2.8Controlling the risk5m
- Lecture 2.9Asbestos Surveys3m
- Lecture 2.10Risk Assessments2m
- Lecture 2.11Working with Asbestos3m
- Lecture 2.12Licensable work3m
- Lecture 2.13Notifiable Non Licensed Work (NNLW)6m
- Lecture 2.14Working in an ACM zone3m
- Lecture 2.15Don’t do it!2m
- Lecture 2.16Exposure3m
- Lecture 2.17Did you know?3m
- Quiz 2.1Introductin to Asbestos Quiz 130m