- Duration: 2 hours
Synopsis of Information Governance And GDPR
The way that organisation manage your personal information is continually changing, and Information Governance balances the use and security of this information. Information Governance And GDPR ( General Data Protection Regulations ) guides organisations, managing, using & securing of your personal information that’s continually changing.
This course is designed to bring you up to date with the GDPR and changes to the Data Protection Act in the UK. Making sure you do not just have an understanding but also, being able to implement measures that will protect your information and others.
You will be able to understand when your personal information is not being handled correctly, either by an organisation or by fraudulent activity.
For organisations, this course is more important to make sure you follow the legislation and the law on how data and information are handled and processed.
Module 1: GDPR?
- What is GDPR?
- The GDPR Principles
- Why are the principles important?
- The principles in more detail
Module 2: Data Protection Act 2018
- The Data Protection Act of 2018
- What data does an organisation have about you?
- When can my information be withheld?
Module 3: Consent, GDPR, and DPA
- Consent, the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Six reasons to process your data
- Opting out of profiling
- Appeal automated decisions made using your data
- Who administers penalties for breach of data protection?
- Serious breaches of confidential information
- Basic cyber security measures
- Keeping data secure
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- What are the principles behind the Freedom of Information Act?
- Freedom of Information Exemptions
- What happens if my request is refused?
Module 1 - GDPR?
Module 2 - Data Protection Act 2018
Module 3 - Consent, GDPR, and DPA
- Lecture 4.1Consent, the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 20183m
- Lecture 4.2Six reason to process your data5m
- Lecture 4.3Opting out of profiling2m
- Lecture 4.4Appeal automated decisions made using your data3m
- Lecture 4.5Who would administer penalties for breach of data protection?5m
- Lecture 4.6Serious Breaches of Confidential Information4m
- Lecture 4.7Basic Cyber Security Methods4m
- Lecture 4.8Keeping data secure3m
- Lecture 4.9Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)5m
- Lecture 4.10What are the principles behind the Freedom of Information Act?5m
- Lecture 4.11Freedom of Information Exemptions4m
- Lecture 4.12What happens if my request is refused?2m
- Lecture 4.13Conclusion3m
- Quiz 4.1Information Governance – GDPR and Data Protection – Mod 3 Quiz15m