- Duration: 2 hours
Synopsis of Information Governance And GDPR
The way that organization manage your personal information is continually changing, and Information Governance balances the use and security of this information. Information Governance And GDPR ( General Data Protection Regulations ) guides organizations, managing, using & securing of your personal information that’s continually changing.
This course is designed to bring you up to date with the GDPR and changes to the Data Protection Act in the UK.
Making sure you do not just have an understanding but also, being able to implement measures that will protect your information and others. It will allow you to also, understand when someone or an organization isn’t handling your personal information correctly.
For organizations, this course is more important to make sure you follow the legislation and the law on how data and information are handled and processed.
Module 1: GDPR?
- What is GDPR?
- The GDPR Principles
- Why are the principles important?
- The principles in more detail
Module 2: Data Protection Act 2018
- The Data Protection Act of 2018
- What data does an organization have about you?
- When can my information be withheld?
Module 3: Consent, GDPR, and DPA
- Consent, the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Six reasons to process your data
- Opting out of profiling
- Appeal automated decisions made using your data
- Who administers penalties for breach of data protection?
- Serious breaches of confidential information
- Basic cyber security measures
- Keeping data secure
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- What are the principles behind the Freedom of Information Act?
- Freedom of Information Exemptions
- What happens if my request is refused?
Module 1 - GDPR?
Module 2 - Data Protection Act 2018
Module 3 - Consent, GDPR, and DPA
Lecture 4.1Consent, the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 20183m
Lecture 4.2Six reason to process your data5m
Lecture 4.3Opting out of profiling2m
Lecture 4.4Appeal automated decisions made using your data3m
Lecture 4.5Who would administer penalties for breach of data protection?5m
Lecture 4.6Serious Breaches of Confidential Information4m
Lecture 4.7Basic Cyber Security Methods4m
Lecture 4.8Keeping data secure3m
Lecture 4.9Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)5m
Lecture 4.10What are the principles behind the Freedom of Information Act?5m
Lecture 4.11Freedom of Information Exemptions4m
Lecture 4.12What happens if my request is refused?2m
Quiz 4.1Information Governance – GDPR and Data Protection – Mod 3 Quiz15m